Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Divino Panchos

New favorite Mexican restaurant in Milwaukee (okay, I was there in March, but I'm still thinking about it) is Divino Panchos - 1701 W. Lincoln Ave. (Lincoln and S. 17th Street) Milwaukee.


It was a slow day, in the middle of the afternoon. It's huge and there's a bandstand. I imagine in the evening this place is very lively. I like going to places in the middle of the afternoon, however, as that is lunchtime. The food should be just as good when a place is empty as when it's full. The guacamole was fine, made fresh. Though I had been warned in advance that "huaraches" are sandals (and I prefer that men wear proper footwear) I fearlessly ordered one. I figured it might be a Nike shoe, and if it fit, I'd then order the opposite foot and get two for one. It was, however, made with masa, kind of shaped like a footprint, I guess, but delicious. Kind of like a big-ass, thick, misshapen taco. The best thing I've eaten so far in '16.


A lot on the menu to come back and try. Tacos De Bistec seem like a specialty. Also, a few oddball things like choco-flan. And pasta. You don't usually see pasta at a Mexican place. Though the menu is mostly in Spanish, so maybe pasta is something else than Italian pasta? I'm always getting my Italian and Spanish mixed up, neither of which I speak. Anyway, I'd be here all the time if I lived on the South Side, and there weren't 200 other Mexican places to try out. 


1 comment:

  1. This blog is nice and very informative. I like this blog.
    blog Please keep it up.

    ReplyDelete